Sunday, June 26, 2011

Excited?? Maybe...

As I get ready to head to sleep so I can wake up for a bright and early start tomorrow morning (we fly out of LAX at a bracing 6:50am), I can't help but think about what the next 10 weeks holds for me.  Many people asked me today if I was excited to go, and in all honesty, I can't say yes wholeheartedly.  That is not to say that I am not excited about going, the adventures I'll be having, the experiences I'll be gaining, or the things I will see.  I just don't feel it right now.  It hasn't really hit me yet that this time tomorrow, I'll be on a plane heading toward South Africa.  And usually, it doesn't hit me until I'm on the plane.

So for now, I am just waiting.  Waiting for the excitement to catch up with my surroundings, waiting for any anxiety I may have to dissipate, waiting for tomorrow to get here, waiting to find out exactly what I will be doing, waiting.  And so, it seems that I will continue to be patient and just see what God has in store for me. 

The next time I will be posting, I will be on the other side of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment